For holiday gatherings try making this delicious Cranberry Almond Cheese Ball & Almond Crackers! Two easy recipes for a creamy, flavourful cheese ball and crunchy, sweet almond crackers.
Of all the special occasions during the year, Christmas is truly the most wonderful. This is the time of year when I do most of my entertaining, and great food is a focal point of each occasion. As much as I enjoy experimenting with new recipes, old favourites, like cheese balls, are worth bringing back with a different twist!
After attending the Fort Langley Cranberry Festival in October, I was inspired to create this Cranberry Almond Cheese Ball using chèvre ~ Artisan goat cheese handcrafted by Milner Valley Cheese and dried cranberries.
Milner Valley Cheese is a fifth generation heritage family farm and goat dairy in the Milner Valley of Langley, British Columbia. Their cheeses are all natural and handcrafted using fresh goat milk from their herd of long-eared Nubian and Alpine goats. Milner Valley Cheese has a Farmgate Shop that is open to the public from April to December: Tuesday to Saturday 10:00AM – 5:30PM.
This cheese ball will serve many people and it is so easy to prepare. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, shape into a ball and roll in chopped cranberries and almonds. That’s it!
The almond crackers are easy to make too! Combine all ingredients in a bowl then roll into a dough ball. Place dough ball in between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out. Remove top sheet of parchment paper and cut dough into small squares. And then use a fork to poke small holes in each cracker.
Cranberry Almond Cheese Ball & Almond Crackers are a perfect addition to any charcuterie board you’re preparing for the holidays. The flavour combination of goat cheese and cranberries is delicious! Enjoy!
Cranberry Almond Cheese Ball & Almond Crackers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces chèvre goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup natural sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chop the cranberries and almonds. Separate 1/3 cup for coating.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, goat cheese, 2/3 cup of chopped cranberries and almonds just until combined.
- Roll mixture into a ball. If mixture is too soft, put in refrigerator for 5 minutes to harden slightly.
- Roll the ball in the remaining 1/3 cup of chopped cranberries and almonds until evenly coated.
- Serve with Almond Crackers.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together the almond flour and salt. Add the egg and olive oil and mix to combine and form a dough ball.
- Place the dough ball in between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Remove the top parchment paper sheet and using a butter knife, cut the dough into small squares.
- Use a fork to place small holes in each cracker.
- Leaving the scored dough on the bottom sheet of parchment paper, transfer to a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy.
- Serve with Cranberry Almond Cheese Ball.