Today I’m sharing a delicious soup that features cheesy Tortellini, Spinach and Tomato. It’s the ultimate comfort food! A hearty and healthy soup that the entire family will love!
We are Smack Dab in the Middle of moving to a new home, so for the past few weeks, I’ve been looking for dinners that make perfect lunch leftovers, and cut down my time in the kitchen. And since most of my dishes and pots & pans are packed, one-pot meals are the best. This soup ticks all the boxes and it’s so easy to make.
It’s a comfort food soup that’s beyond delicious!
A simple garlicky, tomato-enhanced broth is perfect for cheese tortellini and fresh spinach. The fresh basil leaves add so much flavour. You can also add Italian seasoning to suit your taste.
After adding the spinach it looks like it’s too much, but once it cooks down, it’s the perfect amount.
And use all the garlic! It seems like a lot, but trust me it adds a full, vibrant flavour to this soup. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese!
This recipe serves 4. You can easily double it for a larger family or a larger portion!
You can also try my Hearty Campfire Soup. Another fantastic favourite!
Are you a fan of this Tortellini, Spinach and Tomato Soup? If so, give this post a Pin and save it for later!
Tortellini, Spinach and Tomato Soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 – 8 oz four cheese tortellini, frozen or fresh
- 14 oz diced tomatoes – I use Aylmer Accents – Italian
- 10 oz bag of spinach, stems removed
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, if desired
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid.
- Reduce heat and simmer until tortellini is tender.
- Add salt and pepper and Italian seasoning, if desired.
- Stir in spinach and basil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until wilted.
- To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.